$450,000+ Renovation Investment from 2015 – present
Price: $475,000. Offers are welcome. You should really see JAWS II.
Phone: (212) 758-1000
Location: Mamaroneck, NY (North side of Western Long Island Sound).
* Installation of CCTV with cloud recording.
* Installation of new engine temperature senders for both engines.
* New starboard engine starter.
* New Atwood shower sump pump.
* New leather for both couches and helm seats in salon.
* The leather headliner above the lower helm was replaced.
* New teak flooring and carpeting in salon.
* New Garmin B150 transducer depth finder.
* LED lights replace all halogens throughout the entire interior and exterior.
* Replacing wall coverings & refinishing cherry cabinets as needed.
* An antique seven-wood pram dinghy was installed on chocks on the swim platform. A black Ferrari Stamoid cover was made to match the flybridge Bimini.
* A Side-Power SE 10024 IP stern thruster was added with two dedicated batteries. This works in conjunction with the existing Side-Power bow thruster. Dual joystick controllers were added at both helms for the bow & stern thrusters .
* Replace muffler drain valves for both engines.
* Bottom paint including props and shafts. Full wax topsides.
* Replace all batteries including for engines, generator & house.
* Replace all remaining HVAC lines. This completed the 2017 HVAC project that replaced all HVAC drain lines.
* Paint engine room floor.
* New 250′ anchor chain. Dri-Deck placed in the chain locker to facilitate chain drying after wash down. New Lewmar windlass motor was replaced in 2017.
* The entire fire suppression system passed inspection.
* The flybridge windscreen refit is complete.
* New dashboard panels were placed on the flybridge and lower helm.
* All gauges and rocker switches were replaced on the flybridge.
* All electronics were replaced for the flybridge and lower helm so they all communicate. Some of the electronics replacements are listed separately below. The boat previously had different electronics brands (Garmin, Raytheon, Simard Roberson, Northstar) that did not communicate.
* Two new Garmin 7612xsv 12″ touch screen GPS Chartplotter/Radars. The Garmin xHD open array radar was replaced in 2015.
* A Garmin Grid remote control was added at the lower helm so the captain can remain seated while controlling the Garmin GPS Chartplotter/Radar.
* Two new Garmin Reactor Autopilots with GHP 20, heading sensor, course computer and shadow drive. In addition a new Garmin hydraulic pump, GHP20 Control Head and Garmin Rudder Feedback Sensor were added at the rudder.
* Four new Raymarine ST50 Tridata units. Two at each helm.
* Two new Icom M-506 VHF radios,
* Two new Sea-Fire fire suppression system monitors.
* New GPS antenna.
* New Shakespeare 5225 VHF antenna.
* A separate Clarion stereo with bluetooth was added to the flybridge with four new speakers. Now different music can simultaneously play in each stateroom, salon and flybridge so parents and teenagers can get along.
* All wiring was been completely removed and replaced from the FB to the engines and/or the lower helm. This includes new throttles and wiring harness home runs directly to the engines.
* Replaced both Electronic Control Units that are the brains of the engines. The ECUs collect and process signals from various on-board sensors. An ECU electronic module contains microprocessors, memory units, analog to digital converters and output interface units. This info is relayed to the two Volvo 4” digital engine displays.
* Two Volvo 4″ digital engine displays were added to the lower helm. These gauges provide much more detail about engine function beyond idiot lights
* Completion of 1,000 service for engines and generator (including removing and servicing all six heat exchangers or coolers for both engines and transmissions)
* Replace Volvo Penta Electronic Diesel Control EDC at both helms
* Replace interior halogen lights with LEDs
* Replace hailer and searchlight on brow
* Replace temperature sensors on both engines
* Replace Newmar battery charger
* Stainless steel salon door was removed from the frame for lubrication
* Replace stainless steel lock in salon door
* Complete removal of SS rub rail to caulk hull to deck joint & replace bolts
* Addition of ten courtesy lights with dimmer on flybridge
* Replace #5 & 6 bilge pumps and switches
* Paint flybridge & radar arch
* Place rigid connectors to stabilize radar mast in rough seas
* Repair or replace blinds throughout boat
* Repair main lower helm breaker panel cover
* Replace HVAC drain manifold and all drain lines outboard.
* Replace foil wrap insulation in engine room & lazarette
* Replace anchor windlass motor
* Replace all sanitation lines with high-end SeaLand brand
* Replace both sanitation Vacuflush pumps
* Replace Bimini with Ferrari Stamoid and strengthen bows with six cross-bars
* Replace flybridge compass
* Refinish galley floor
* Replace flybridge trim tab buttons
* Replaced bilge pump #6 & float switch
* Repowder coat table stand on flybridge
* Repair chip on settee
* Place Dri-Deck beneath new upholstery for the entire exterior (cushions for bow, cockpit & flybridge)
* Placed Dri-Deck below all FB lockers to keep dry all stowed items like PFDs
* New Stamoid cover for cockpit seats, FB dashboard and FB lounge pads
* Refinish steering wheel on flybridge
* Replace plastic Viking logo in both steering wheels with teak
* Replace all wiper blade assemblies
* Replace HVAC control board in salon
* Obtain all boat manuals
* Service Fireboy fire safety equipment
* Major service on generator
* Replace two frozen thru-hulls valves
* Dry clean all soft goods
* Repair stereo in salon & replaced all speakers on flybridge
* Replace TVs, DVD players & stereos in both staterooms
* Addition of new cabinetry behind salon TV & both stateroom TVs
* Service all three HVAC units
* Silicone side main windows & sliders
* Replace headboard fabric in both staterooms
* Reprogram autopilot
* Replace buttons & repaired control panel on upper helm dash
* Addition of VHF extender
* Repair port engine room extractor fan
* Repair lock on salon door
* Repair fiberglass where needed
* Paint boot stripe
* Addition of dual DC phone charger on flybridge
* Repair or replace broken hooks & clasps in cockpit
* Repair cabinetry as needed
* Repair all lighting
* Replace water supply sender and gauge
* Replace fresh water pump
* Replace hailer
* Replace broken exhaust fan switch in VIP head
* Replace broken exhaust fan in master head
* Replace toilet seats and lids and & added toilet paper holders in both heads
* Replace windshield wipers & replaced washer lines
* New EPIRB
* New BBQ
* Main engines and generator 1,000 hour service including sea water pump (This service flushed but did not remove heat exchangers at that time. All heat exchangers were removed and thoroughly serviced in 2017 – see above & section on engines for photos.)
* Replace original 9.5 Kw generator with a 11.5 Kw generator
* New dual Racor 900 fuel filters with vacuum gauges for both engines
* Addition of Algae X fuel system
* New Racor 500 fuel filter for generator
* New D’Angelo exhausts for both engines
* New thru-hulls & hoses for both engines & generator
* New bottles, head units & service for Fireboy fire suppressing system
* Six new 12 volt Deka maintenance free batteries
* New Garmin Map 4010 – GPS/Plotter/HD radar
* New Garmin forward facing sonar
* New Side-Power SE95 24 VDC bow thruster & new batteries
* New turbo for starboard engine
* Paint most of the boat
* Replace SMX controls for all three CruiseAir HVAC zones & service
* New interior upholstery, headliner, carpet & two new beds
* New upholstery for the entire exterior (cushions for bow, cockpit & flybridge)
* New septic system for both heads including new septic lines & VacuFlush pumps
* New septic holding tank discharge pump
* New Burl wood lower helm dashboard
* Mirrored window treatment
* New stereo for salon & flybridge
* New underwater lights
* New ice maker in cockpit
* New hot water tank
* New teak in cockpit & swim platform
* Rebed windshield
JAWS II Refit – Table of Contents:
1 – Home Page – 50′ Viking Princess Yachts
2 – General Photos and Layout
3 – Twin Turbocharged Volvo Penta Diesels
4 – Generator, Drive Shafts and Props
5 – Electrical and Thrusters
6 – Plumbing
7 – Exterior and Hull
8 – Interior
9 – About the Owner
* – Refit List
$ – Purchase or Charter